Κυριακή 29 Απριλίου 2012

Small Cheese Pies

My adventures with dough continue.
This time I made a big batch and I divided it in four. I used the one part for my finger-tiny cheese pies and put the rest in the freezer. I can use it some other time as a base for a tart or to make more small pies with different fillings (spinach, sausage, potato mash or even pastrami). Each part makes about 20 pieces, depending on the size you want them to be. You can eat them hot, straight from the oven, serve them in a party as finger food or they are perfect for a lunch box.


For the dough, I need:

- 500 gr all purpose flour
- 50 gr butter ( you can also use olive oil)
- 20 gr fresh yeast or 1 sachet dry yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1 full teaspoon salt
- 2 full teaspoons sugar
- 200 ml milk, slightly warm (around 35C)
- 100 gr yogurt
- 1 extra egg yolk diluted in a tablespoon of water

I disolve the yeast and the sugar in the milk. I put the flour in a basin (you can use your food processor) and I add all the ingredients. I mix and kneed the dough until it becomes soft, that is after 10 minutes. If it is sticky I add some flour. I divide it immediately and keep the quantity that I need in a bowl covered with a plastic bag, for at least half an hour. The rest goes in the freezer.

Meanwhile I prepare the filling : I mix about 200 gr crumbled feta cheese (you can use any kind of cheese you like), one chillie pepper finely chopped, 1 tablespoon each of finely chopped parsley and dill, and a bit of olive oil.

On a floured surface I roll out the dough and I cut small discs, about 5 cm in diameter. I put 1 tsp of filling in the center, fold them an press the rim with a fork. I let them rest for about 15 minutes. I brush the surface with the egg yolk and bake them in medium heat oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, until golden.

Enjoy!!!!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...