Τρίτη 15 Οκτωβρίου 2013

Marinated Salted Anchovies

I'm doing my best with the last anchovies of the fall, before their price climbs again to unreachable heights.
I pull off  the intestines from the ancovies and the central fishbone. I put the fillets in layers in a shallow bowl and in between I sprinkle salt and vinegar. I let them rest for 24 hours in my fridge, and then put them in a strainer. Finally (in a plastic container) I make beautiful layers of anchovies, olive oil, finely chopped garlic, parsley and chilli pepper.
They keep well in my fridge for about a month.
I usually serve them as a meze for ouzo or tsipouro, bu they also accompany wonderfully winter soups with legumes such as beans (fasolada) or lentils fakes)!

1 σχόλιο:

  1. Δεν υπάρχει...τόσο απλά. Με την απλοτητα της ελληνικης κουζινας μπορεις να κανεις τα παντα.......

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...