Τετάρτη 9 Ιανουαρίου 2013

Baked Beans with Herbs

It's Wednesday, so traditionally we do not eat meat. In winter the alternative is usually pulses or vegetables. In this recipe they are combined.
 I use:
- 500 gr dry beans
- 1 dry onion cut in thin slices
- 2-3 fresh spring onions finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 bay leaves
- salt, pepper

I put the beans in deep cooking pot, fill it with water and bring to the boil. I take them off the heat and let them rest in the pot for about an hour. I change the water and boil them again until they are cooked but firm (Do not add any salt at this point). In a frying pan, I put the olive oil and stir fry the onions and the herbs for 2 minutes. I add the tomato juice, the bay leaves, salt and pepper, taste it and take it off the heat. I keep 2 cups of the water in which I cooked the beans, throw away the rest of the water, and put the beans in a baking tray. I pour the herb and tomato sauce over the beans in the tray, the cups of water and if needed, some salt. I bake them in a preheated oven (200o C) until most of the water is evaporated.
I serve them with fresh lemon juice, and greek olives or feta cheese.
Bon Apetit!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...